Monday, February 17, 2014

A few photos from the amazing place I call home. Austin, Texas and surrounding Hill Country

It is difficult to explain unless you have ever been here. There is a bumper sticker famous around town "I may not have been born in Texas but I got here as quick as I could".  Having moved to Texas 14 years ago I have to say the transition for me has been as easy as moving to the next town over from where I was born.  An added bonus for me was landing right at the gateway of the Texas Hill country. It is approx. 200 mile X 200 mile area of hills, caves, rivers and natural beauty that gives the eyes everything from lazy cattle herds to beautiful lake side homes.
 You can go from winery to winery in one area to hunting leases and fishing in other areas. The hill country starts for Austin West of I 35. You can see the enormous hills beginning their long march to the llano plains in the western part of the state. Now I would not call them mountains like those of the North East or of the Rockies but they are pretty big hills! You will see champion athletes from bike riders to javelin throwers training in the Austin area especially in the fall, winter and spring times. Bikers love the big gradient hills to help build stamina for their grueling rides.
all along the waters of  the Colorado River (Not THE Colorado river by the way just A Colorado)
You will se unique residences and boat houses that define the individuals living there. all of the "lakes" in the Austin area are the same dammed up river. from Lady Bird lake that meanders through Austin it self to Lake Austin, Lake Travis and then to the other 4 lakes that make up the Highland lakes: Lake Buchanan, Inks Lake, Lake LBJ, Lake Marble Falls.
 The rest of these photos are just neighborhood, street shots of areas in and around the Hill country and Austin, TX. The vast topography the are has to offer draws visitors from all over Texas and the world.  it is am amazing place to call home and I am very proud to have been selling real estate in and around  the Austin area has allowed me to explore a lot of the surrounding Hill Country and find the little pockets of otherwise unknown treasures that I consider neighbors.
Please enjoy and feel free to ask any questions about the photos you see here. I will be adding photos of different areas and talking about different neighborhoods in future blogs. I welcome your inquires especially if you are thinking about moving to the area and need guidance on where the best place for you may be.
 Looking forward to hearing from you all,

Bob Kenney, Realtor

®
Reilly Realtors

Mobile/Text: 512-922-4922
 Photos all courtesy of" Bob Kenney







No comments: